Happy Holidays! What I want under the tree…Saturday, December 24th, 2011
Happy Holidays, all! I know it’s customary to wish for things for one’s self at this time of year, or at least this has become the custom. You know, I pads and Ipods and other things that are all about “I”. But this year, I’d like to wish for things that would make not only me truly happy, but that would make the world a better place to live in. My wish list includes:
– The closing of all public schools.
– An end to the idea that politics of any kind will in some way rescue education in America.
– An end to the lies that teachers are “underworked and overpaid” or even worthy of respect, especially public school teachers. SOME teachers (very few) earn respect by getting great results, but the vast majority are no better than criminals, living off paychecks they do not earn while destroying children by the gross.
– An end to all teacher unions and all teacher lobbyists.
– The enormous expansion of all private forms of education, particularly homeschooling.
– An end to governmental restrictions or requirements of ANY kind for homeschooling.
– An end to governmental involvement in education.
All of which will bring us…
– A GOLDEN AGE IN NOT ONLY EDUCATION, but in any country that does all of the above.
Okay, Santa, let’s see what you’ve got. I’ve been VERY good, too, so let’s not have any hemming and hawing. I’ve done my part. I spent the last eleven years writing courses, books, and hundreds of articles to make homeschool more real, more “doable”.
So, Jolly Fat Man in Red…ante in. If you’re short on time then skip the wrapping paper, it makes a mess anyway.
Happy Holidays, all!